"Putting Evidence Back Into
Running Injury and Performance"
Food Intolerance Testing: Dr Gill Hart
In the third episode of our ‘Focus on Nutrition’ on the Runchatlive Podcast and Sports Therapy Association Podcast, the topic was ‘Food Intolerance Testing’, with special guest Dr Gill Hart, an expert on food intolerance with over twenty years experience in the development and clinical evaluation of diagnostic tests. All four episodes are available on popular podcast apps and also in video format on the Sports Therapy Association YouTube channel.
As Scientific Director at YorkTest Laboratories, a leading provider of food intolerance tests and food allergy tests for 40 years, Dr Hart Gill has written many articles in scientific journals and consumer magazines, and in this episode shares a hugely valuable insight into what runners (and professionals who work with runners) should be looking out for to reveal a potential food allergy or food sensitivity.
Topic discussed included:
- The history of food intolerance testing and how YorkTest became the UK’s leading food intolerance, allergy and home health testing company.
- The difference between an allergy and a food sensitivity
- The prevalence of food intolerance worldwide and in the UK
- Different types of food intolerance and the tests available
- Symptoms of food intolerance
- Immunoglobulin G Tests – Why do we measure food-specific IgG antibodies in blood?
- IgG tests at YorkTesting – how blood is taken, how food-specific IgG reactions are measured, how results are collated
- A look at the evidence for food-specific IgG tests being effective
- How soft tissue therapists & practicioners can work alongside YorkTest, and how can tests be ordered
- YorkTest Website: yorktest.com
- YorkTest Practitioner Account Team:
Tel: 01904 410 410
- Facebook: @yorktestUK
- Twitter: @yorktestlabs
- Instagram: @yorktestUK
Please Support Our Podcast!
If you appreciate what we do on Runchatlive Podcast and the Sports Therapy Association Podcast, please take a couple of minutes to leave us a rating & review. It really does make all the difference in helping us reach out to a larger audience. iPhone users you can do this from your phone, Android users you will need to do it from iTunes.
How much of diet modification is down to mind over matter? Understanding the challenges & principles of behaviour change is something Dr Gary Mendoza specialises in, as a lecturer in Nutrition for Sport & Exercise at Bath Spa and Cardiff Metropolitan Universities. We were fortunate enough to have him on the Runchatlive podcast and Sports Therapy Association podcast!