Ep.31: Finding The Right Therapist with Mike & Malcolm
The frustration of running injury is often doubled by seeing your hard earned dosh 💰 disappearing on therapy sessions. Finding a therapist who CAN help you is sadly not as easy as it sounds… and we all know treatment & advice can vary considerably depending on who you see.
In this episode, we see the return of Mike James (a.k.a. The Endurance Physio), this time joined by Malcolm Sloan, founder of Sports Injury Fix. Many therapists all over the UK use www.sportsinjuryfix.com as both a directory for listing their services AND a software system for taking bookings in clinic. Runners (and indeed anyone) are able to use the website as a way of locating therapists local to their area with the desired set of skills for the particular issue they are having.
RUNNERS: This episode highlights what YOU can do to successfully find a therapist who will get you back on track a.s.a.p. with minimum expenditure, and without seeing the same issue return within weeks.
THERAPISTS: We discuss what YOU can do to help your services get discovered by runners and stand out from the non-evidence based crowd.
Depending on where you listen to the podcast, the following chapter markers have been made available to help you skip to specific content:
• 0:56: Ep.30 with Jeff Gaudette of Runners Connect – new download record!
• 2:40: Congratulations to physical therapist Brad Whitley (Seattle) on his Boston qualifier.
• 6:10: Mike James: Sports Therapist AND Physiotherapist… why both?
• 09:42: Malcolm Sloan: Variety of types of therapist on Sportsinjuryfix.com
• 14:10: Mike James: What’s the difference between Physios, Sports Therapists, Chiros, Osteos, etc.?
• 23:15: Malcolm Sloan: How can runners benefit from visiting Sportsinjuryfix.com?
• 28:37: Mike James: Do runners always need multiple sessions? Can therapists survive offering minimal sessions?
• 41:55: Malcolm Sloan: How do therapists get onto Sportsinjuryfix.com?
• 47:25: Malcolm Sloan: How many services do therapists need to offer? ‘The Jam Study’
• 64.03: Mike James speaking at ‘RCL International Running Conference’ Brighton (UK) Oct 30/31
• 68.10: Mike James’ workshops – new dates
• 69.16: Sportsinjuryfix.com – patient notes facility.
• 74.13: Next episode: Sunday Sep 1st – Nils Oudhuis, creator of ‘Trust Me I’m a Physiotherapist.’
• 75.22: Thanks to our sponsors ‘The Brighton Beard Company’. Get 15% discount using our promo code RCL15.
How to Watch / Listen to Episodes
If you prefer to watch or listen in your own time, here are some options:
Want Some Free Cash?
Our podcast is hosted by Buzzsprout. If you’re a podcaster and sign up with them too, click on THIS LINK to receive a $20 Amazon Gift Card. If you are transferring from an existing host, they do all the work for you! Oh, and if you’re not in the USA, the Buzzsprout support team will put the equivalent amount (in your currency) in your Paypal account!
Episode in VIDEO format (audio underneath)
For the audio version (see below), chapter markers are available on most podcast players or at our host site Buzzsprout.
Episode in AUDIO format
If you cannot find our podcast on your favourite podcast player (Overcast, Pocketcast, Stitcher, etc.) let us know and we’ll make sure it is added!